Monday, June 6, 2011

Wow


Okay so Colorado is AMAZING... seriously I might never leave.
I got here a week ago; the day after my dear friends wedding (so happy for them) and ever since then it's been pretty non stop. I started my internship on the 31st at Next Level Physical Therapy and Athletic Training. In the past week I have learned so much, I LOVE it, it's most definitely what I want to do for the rest of my life and it really great to have that reassurance from God. I have worked with some really cool people and I am already working with patients a lot. It's so much fun that at the end of the day I don't want to leave and I look forward to work every day :) it's such a great learning opportunity, I'm stoked to say the least.

On another note I have had such a wonderful time getting to know the three girls in my small group! They are all so unique and different; it has truly been a blessing getting to know them this past week and I cant wait to witness all that God does in their lives this summer; it's going to be legit. God is already working in all of our hearts and it's super encouraging.

This past weekend I took my first little adventure to Boulder, CO went hiking with my girls (Stephanie, Mary and Amber) Mary is a city girl but she was a CHAMP on our 5 hour hike up the flat irons. Amber was a trooper and encourager, she set the pace the whole way, Stephanie provided the comic relief and I tried to make sure no one fell off the side of the mountain. It was a great hike and totally worth not being able to feel out legs. Surprisingly none of us were sore the next day, my knee didn't even hurt (praise Jesus). After that we walked down pearl street which is closed off for pedestrians at one end, there are a lot of fun shops and interesting people on pearl street. There were bongo players, guitarists, performers... it was pretty unique. Then we had dinner walked some more and then ended our evening listening to live music at The Laughing Goat Coffee Shop, the band (John Heart Jackie) was really good, as was the coffee. Definitely going to go back to Boulder again. Great area for hiking, the national park isn't very far from there either, thats a definite must!

High Lights of the Week (no particular order):

1. My baby brother graduated from high school :) BOOMER SOONER
2. Getting to know all the project peeps especially my small group
3. I LOVE MY JOB
4. Boulder is legit place
5. I <3 the outdoors
6. Visiting the REI flagship store in Denver; I was like a kid in a candy shop, I could have stayed there for HOURS. I was so giddy to be there Mary was laughing at me the whole time... what can I say I'm an outdoor dork :)
7. Colleen is coming to visit me for my birthday :)

Love you all!

In Him,

Meg

Here are some pictures.

REI Flagship Store climbing wall!
Admiring the view at the top of the hike



Me at the top of the hike
The Royal Arch we hiked to 




Hiked in my Chacos, it was great but my feet were DIRTY

Amber, Mar and Stephanie
 
see that flat iron on the left? yeah we hiked that!
The view from the Royal Arch
The Royal Arch

This chipmunk tried to steal my lunch













This guy played entire classical pieces by memory, it was insane!

Jammin on Pearl Street


No comments:

Post a Comment