Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Oh My Soul Faint Not

There is a song that stumbled across the other day that I cant seem to get of my heart... not that I want to. It's called Faint Not by Jenny and Tyler (check them out, they are great) and the lyrics go like this...

Faint Not  

the problem’s not a gun, not a color, not a hundred dollar bill
we think the struggle can be won with simple thoughts like 'come together be good willed'
the gap between the rich and poor is spreading out all the more or so they say
we ignore the claims

o my soul, faint not, no
faint not | o my soul, keep up, up
in love

it’s not that we don’t know or we’re not shown the proof of poverty
it’s not that we don’t have the tools to go to break this yoke of slavery
we quit because it’s not an easy fix and then forget that they are even there
we forget to care

o my soul, faint not, no
faint not | o my soul, keep up, up
in love

where there is hatred, let me sow love
where there is injury, let me pardon
where there is darkness, let the Light come, come

o my soul, faint not, no
faint not | o my soul, keep up, up
in love

o my soul, faint not, no
faint not | o my soul, keep up, up
in love

faint not
faint not



Lately I have been struggling with not trying to take control and figure things out for myself for example fundraising and job searching for Project, just worrying about what if things don't work out... What and if are two simple words, but when combined together are a threatening source of worry. I have been leaning on Romans 12:12 which says, "be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Simply put I have been sining this song a lot, all the time praying that my soul wouldn't be faint when things are unknown. 
Tonight while driving home I was singing this song again and I thought of another verse, Galatians 6:9 "Let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." And that is what this song is really about and my summer. This summer i am going to be exposed to a whole new group of friends who don't know that we can have a relationship with God and how loving and amazing He is... oh my soul faint not.    

Please pray that as I am preparing for the summer that my heart would also be preparing to not grow weary and to not faint while pursuing whatever God has planned for me.

In Him,

Meghan

p.s. Awesome news today!! My home church donated money to support me going to Denver (HUGE blessing) AND I had and internship interview today that I am really excited about and it's kind of exactly what I want to do with my life :) I will find out within this next week whether or not I am accepted so prayer that it would all work out would be SUPER appreciated!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment