Saturday, April 9, 2011

Psalm 27

1 The Lord is my light and my salvation -
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life -
of who shall I be afraid?
3 Though an army besiege me,
my heart will not fear;
Though war break out against me,
even then I will be confident.
4 One thing I ask of the Lord,
this is what I seek;
that I will dwell in the House of the Lord
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord
and to seek Him in His temple.
8 My heart says of you, "Seek His face!"
Your face Lord I will seek.
13 I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.
14 Wait for the Lord
be strong, take heart
and wait for the Lord.

I have been clinging to this and psalm 23 the past couple of days. The world hurts, disappoints and makes me want to cry at times. Christ never said following Him would be easy, He just said it was going to be worth it. I made a decision to follow Christ when I was 16, I have never regretted that decision, it was and is the BEST decision I ever made and has transformed my life ever since.