Monday, June 13, 2011

The Week of Hand Shaking is Over

Hi all! So this past week definitely had it's ups and downs. Got a little bit homesick but that is to be expected. Then I just had some personal struggles with past insecurities that satan likes to knock me down with once in a while. Seriously out of the blue for two days I really felt pretty crummy about myself... nothing some prayer and soccer couldn't fix though. I'm not the only one either; some of the project kids and leaders are getting sick  and just feeling kind of down. SO if y'all could pray for that it would be awesome!
Work is going wonderfully, I love it more than ever! I have really started taking on more responsibilities besides making hot packs and setting things back where they belong. I'm working a lot with patients, creating mini work outs (such as abs or cardio) that are a part of the larger portions of training and therapy. My most recent project was to come up with six new balancing exercises for a patient that I have worked with for two weeks and they couldn't resemble any of the ones we had already done which is pretty much all the ones I had ever heard of! So that was fun! I came up with six exercises and it was great figuring it all out a creating them. I like the fact that they are challenging me; so far so good :) I like to be challenged.
My girls are great; I'm happy to be their leader whether or not there are trying situations or peace. Tomorrow my chemistry 2 class starts YIKES!! pray that my book gets here soon! For those who don't know Chem and I are not exactly friends, much needed prayer for comprehension and a passing grade!
This past weekend we had our women's conference, we stayed at a house in Boulder, CO (one of the staff families lives there) it was nice getting to know some of the other girls and the view on the way there was spectacular! (there are pictures below) such an amazing display of God's beauty. We had three sessions where we talked about where we as women find our worth, guarding our heart, and modesty. Here is the website link for our modesty talk, lots of stats it's interesting http://www.therebelution.com/modestysurvey/ While we were in boulder we spent some time on Pearl St. again, saw more interesting things that I didnt see last weekend and ate some really, really good Tibetan food!! If you are ever in Boulder go to Sherpa's (825 Walnut St) Then we ended out retreat with a Q&A session and homemade pizza! we got back saturday night and then sunday was pretty chill. Went grocerie shopping and had a great leaders lunch (so thankful for them) and then a leader and staff dinner (also wonderful). Thats pretty much a summary of the week. Today is Monday and I'm ready to go! Can't wait to see what God does this week!!

highlights:
1. My best friend from home got ENGAGED!!! :) so happy for them
2. I LOVE my job and all the challenges I am presented with
3. I heard from my dear little Shleby
4. Been encouraged by some wonderful people
5. Ladies retreat
6. Indian food is delicious
7. Drive to Boulder was so beautiful there are no words
8. Found out one of the staff kids who is a 5 year old girl, love to rock climb and wants to go climbing with me! so presh
9. getting to know the project peeps better

prayer requests:
1. All the project people who are feeling sick/ dishartend
2. The leaders are leading over Isaiah 53 tomorrow
3. That I would glorify God in all that I do
4. I've been getting migraines a lot from knots in my neck and shoulders :(
5. That my time with my small group girls would be fruitful
6. That Amber would find a job; she has been working SO hard, she has till friday!
7. That stephanie would be challenged, humbled and feel Gods love for her
8. That Mary would be filled with Joy
9. CHEM CLASS!!

Pictures
sunset on the way to boulder, pictures don't even do it justice

Stephanie, Amber, Lesha

God is Beautiful

My favorite picture; I didn't take it but it was taken on my camera. Shout out to Erin!

Mirror Man

Tibetan Restaurant  

Mmmmm... Dessert

No comments:

Post a Comment