Saturday, June 25, 2011

Blessings

Hi all, so it's been two weeks-ish since my last update and I promise it wasn't that I forgot, it's just been really busy. So lets see, last week was great, my chem class started and that is a little overwhelming, trying to balance time and such is hard sometimes between work, school and project. But for the most part last week was good. We had a beach themed party, we played ships and sailors then all the leaders surprise attacked with a water-balloon fight (I got some pretty good shots in). Last saturday a group of us drove to Rocky Mountain National Park, it was BEAUTIFUL. We spent most of the day there taking in the sights of the mountains we tried to drive to the top of a 14,000 foot mountain but only reached 10,000+ feet because the road was covered with fresh snow. So after we got off that mountain we hiked 3/4 up another until a storm blew over the mountain and we started to get snowed on. I pulled the leader card to head down for safety reasons... then we hiked a waterfall! I just have to say although there were some disappointments God really blessed my time in the bible that day. I read Luke 18 and really impressed upon me how AWESOME God is! Loved it. I also got to play doctor quite a bit these past two weeks which is fun but I wish people wouldn't get hurt... I kid you not three people got injured in one night. That ultimate frisbee man I'm telling you is dangerous.
This week has been a little rougher but God has blessed me without ceasing. I had my first chem II test that did not go in any way how I wanted it to and the whole process of trying to take the test was really frustrating, but Jesus provided and I was able at least to take the test even if it wasn't the score I wanted. Some of the ways that really encouraged me was not having to cook two nights this past week, encouraging notes from all the wonderful people here at project, being able to talk to some good friends that I haven't talked to in a while, being encouraged at work, lots of prayer and help preparing for my test. Also God gave me lots of good sleep this week when I have been really tired lately so I was super grateful for that. Yesterday evening and today two people from FOCUS (missions organization) came to do a little conference about mission work and it was really uplifting to hear from them. And now I'm updating you guys. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for the rest for my afternoon but it's nice to just relax a little bit since it's been go, go, go for the past two weeks with not a lot of time to just be. Tomorrow a family from the church we are going to here is going to take us out for a little adventure :) I'm excited for that, then it's time to study chemII and get ahead of the game!
Work has been really good as per usual, I love it and I am convinced more and more every day that I want to serve others with my life and career. It's been wonderful to go in and build relationships with the different patients I work with and really hear about what is going on in their lives. One of the soccer players and I have built this sarcastic little relationship, it's always fun to work with her. Definitely love the people I work with also, the staff it just great! Hopefully next week I'll have a story to share with you all from the clinic.
My girls are growing wonderfully in their walks with God and is exciting to watch that in their lives, I'm truely proud of the maturity and the eagerness to learn I see in them. So keep praying because it's making an impact.

Thats all I have for now, just know that I really appreciate you all taking the time to read this. It really encourages my heart.

Highlights:
1. FOCUS speakers
2. RMNP (national park)
3. Movie night last night
4. Great fellowship
5. Talking to my baby brother, Erika and Shelby
6. Amber got a JOB!!
7. Making cinnamon rolls post chem test
8. Loving notes from people

Prayer:
1. All the injuries people have sustained.
2. My brother is in Costa Rica till July 4th so please pray for his safety, that he would be intentional in impactful with how he spends his time there and also that God would really work in his life.
2. My Chem II class; need lots of prayer on that one.
3. That everyone at project would get good rest.
4. That I would find areas that I can maybe manage my time more effectively.
5. That I would be an encouragement to others.
6. For Mary, Stephanie and Amber; that they would continue to grow deeper roots in Christ.

In Him Always,

Meg

All of us at above 10,000ft; it was cold and there was about 3-5ft of snow on the ground in some areas.

RMNP

That is where we started our hike...

Snow storm coming over the mountains

This is what we got snowed on with

Waterfall
Amber & Joanna

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are having a great, fulfilling time! I love reading about what you have been doing and what is happening in your life. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete